Organic Ajwain 100 gm
- Brand: Earthon
- Product Code: EAR015
- Availability: Available
Carom Seeds is a member of the Umbelliferae family, which has some 2,700 members including dill, caraway and cumin. It is mostly found in Indian cooking, where it is also known as bishop’s weed or carom. Ajwain are small brown color seeds with a pleasant but strong odor.
Ajwain have been in use for centuries as an alternative treatment for various ailments such as problems related to the digestive system and disorders of the respiratory system.
Some of the most important ajwain benefits are as follows:
1. Ajwain possess great digestive properties. If you happen to suffer from indigestion,chew some raw carom seeds with a small quantity of sugar. You may not like to eat raw seeds with without sugar as it may taste somewhat bitter owing to the strong thyme-like taste.
2. Ajwain oil is very effective for curing arthritis pain. Regular massage with ajwain oil on the affected joint will give you considerable relief from your rheumatic pain.
3. Ajwain oil has great anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Therefore, this oil is widely used in manufacturing eardrops for curing fungal or bacterial infections of ears.
4. Ajwain oil has wonderful decongestant properties. If you suffer from a blocked nose or chest congestion due to a cold, gently apply diluted ajwain oil on and around the nose and chest. Keep the face and body covered for a few minutes. You will get immediate relief from the cold and cough. Alternatively, you can boil ajwain in water and inhale the steam for about five minutes. This is one of the most popular ajwain (carom seeds) benefits.
5. Ajwain benefits also include its use as a spice or condiment in the kitchen. For using ajwain as a spice, roast the seeds in a pan for a few minutes and then grind them to make the powder. Use this while cooking to make your food easily digestible.